Microsoft Outlook Desktop or Laptop can now delay sending emails when the Microsoft Outlook app is closed / laptop is in sleep mode.
A delayed email will only send while Outlook is still open. You must set the sending time for a time when you still have Outlook running. If you try to close Outlook before a delayed message has sent, Outlook will remind you that you have unsent emails in your Outbox.
Where do scheduled emails go in outlook? Scheduled emails in Outlook can be viewed in the drafts folder, ordered by date. On desktop, you’ll find drafts in the left sidebar. On mobile and most clients, it’s tucked in the top left navigation menu under the user initials.
Delayed emails that have not yet been sent are located in your Outlook “outbox” folder. To edit an email, simply open it as usual, make any necessary changes, and then click “Send.” The email is scheduled for a delayed delivery, and will remain in your inbox until it is ready to be sent.
Schedule Send lets you pick the exact day and time you want your email to arrive. It’s very similar to Boomerang, if you’ve used that browser extension, except that it’s built right into Gmail, which makes it a million times more convenient.
How to DO? Microsoft Outlook, you can compose an email and set it to be sent at a specific time using the delay delivery feature.
- Open a new email message.
- Compose the email as you normally would, including a recipient, subject line, and email message.
- In the “Options” tab in the “More Options” group, click “Delay Delivery.”
- In the “Delivery options” section of the Properties window, make sure “Do not deliver before” is checked.
- Enter the time you want the email to send.
- Click [Close].
- Click [Send].